FDE Blended Learning Project
Federal Directorate of Education (FDE) awarded a contract to TeleTaleem for implementation of a Blended E-Learning Pilot Project in 40 Secondary Classrooms (Grades 9-10) of Federal Capital. The project specifically targeted to improve the learning and teaching of science subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Mathematics).
Some key features of the project are highlighted below;
- School Teachers assisted by technology and digital content to transform the teaching-learning practice inside the classroom.
- Blended learning classrooms have been set up with appropriate ICT equipment and learning management platforms to host the content (offline in school), viewed on large screen format.
- Teachers have been appropriately trained in the use of this advanced learning methodology.
- 12 Android tablets per class have been provided, so that students can access digital content in groups, use interactive practice tests and over time build their learner profile.
- Students/teachers are able to sync relevant content to their tablets/phones and take it home as well for self-paced learning.
- Bi-monthly online teacher training sessions have been regularly conducted throughout the project duration of 2 years.
- During these sessions, existing school teachers have been provided ongoing support enabling them to take full advantage of the blended learning solution deployed in classrooms.
- Digital OMR-based assessments have been conducted for regular student testing.
- Learning performance data including completion of various learning activities and assessment data synced with the cloud for reporting, accessible through a customizable reporting dashboard to Schools, Area officials, FDE, and other stakeholders.